Thursday, August 22, 2013

KPOP Life and How I Started with It

I am not a fan of following the trend. Actually I hated it since I was young(er).,

When all my cousins signed up for Friendster accounts, I did not. But after I felt that the 'excitement' was not there anymore, I opened mine -- to their surprise. Then Facebook came, and I said "I don't need or want that! I have Friendster! Aishhhhh...." But after a short while I decided to sign up for one.


Then this whole Boys Over Flowers series took over the Philippines. My then 5 year-old sister was swooning over Gu Jun Pyo and Ji Hu. She points at everything that has their faces like she knows them and she loves them so much, from keychains, to shirts and photos! I was like, what the heck is so nakakatuwa with that? Remember that was like 2009 when it was shown in the Philippines.

Fast forward 2011.

I watched this drama titled "Playful Kiss" and was attracted to Kim Hyun Joong. I researched stuff about him and found out he is the leader of SS501.



I researched everything about them- the variety shows they appear in, the songs they sang and since it's already 2011, they are no longer part of DSP Entertainment and during that time they were no longer doing activities together and honestly nanghinayang ako. I should have found out about them earlier. To my utter disappointment, Kim Hyun Joong already had his concert here in the Philippines and I was not his fan when that happened. Also, this was months after Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng went here for their fan-meet.

Oh my.

So yeah, I've memorized some of their songs now like Snow Prince, Confession, UR Man, A Song Calling for You etc. And then Kim Kyu Jong entered the army (he is my bias now). And my SS501 fangirling becomes a bit boring so I checked out other groups.

Sorry SUJU didn't quite fascinate me.

I looked for another group and found BigBang!

And here I am a VIP. With Daesung as a bias. I've watched Family Outing because of him.

Then while watching Family Outing I kinda liked Kim Jong Kook and Yoo Jae Suk so I started watching Running Man.

And this is how my fascination and love for Korea started. I saw the beautiful landmarks in the country, plus the food they eat in Family Outing and their values-- I am captivated by it all.

Now I am watching Running Man every week and Barefoot Friends too.

And Korea is my dream place to visit (errrr... I want to really live there I think). Kekeke.

No comments:

Post a Comment